Creating Intention Cards~ Manifesting through clear intent! With Nazli of Rainflower Blessings
I am a big fan of setting intentions, not goals or resolutions but intentions. I find my intentions are fabulous tools to guide me on my journey of life but without the pressures of a goal or resolution. There is no “failing” in intention setting.
In order to set my intention, every morning, before I begin my day, I meditate just a short meditation, and then I sit quiet, really quiet and listen to my heart and my body and intuition, the gift that we all have but sometimes find hard to trust.
I sit and listen and sometimes write down what comes up. Once I know what the intention is for each day, I set the intention by affirming it, holding it in my heart and releasing it to the world. Other times, I will sit, meditate and then choose from my intention cards and see what comes up.
We all resonate with different ways and we all experience and learn differently. I am a visual person so creating something I can look at every day helps me with my intention setting and creating a deck of intention cards is a lovely and fun way to add to this morning routine.
- In order to create your very own deck, you will need card stock, and things that you like to create with; pens, markers, stickers, old pictures, pictures from inspirational magazines, glue, the possibilities are endless, be as creative as you wish.
- Sit quietly breathe and mediate. Once you feel grounded, begin asking yourself what do I need most for my body, then mind, then spirit…again possibilities are endless.
- Your intention cards can have just one word; ‘patience’ ‘faith’ ‘peace’ or can have a phrase, ‘get a good nights sleep’, ‘dance in the living room’ ‘call a friend’. Really think about what you need in your life, what will inspire you and open you up to give and receive goodwill.
- Make a list, try to keep your cards and intentions simple and only begin with a few, say 7 or 14 ( for a week or two) and you can always add more after.
- Once you have the most important intentions to you at this time, begin creating a card for each intention.
- Let the creativity flow, aim to inspire and connect with each card, knowing that when you pick your card, the design and words will feel good to you
- You will end up with a unique expression of your being and you can choose a card each day to help with this process of intention setting.
- Creating intention cards is fun with a group of friends!
Happy Creating and may all your intentions come to fruition with ease and grace.