Are you moving soon? The ladies here at Victoria Mom gathered their tried and true tips and tricks for moving with kids!
- Good for having a quiet house to pack
- Keeps them out from underfoot on move day
- Get the kids to help pack appropriate boxes such as toys or clothes
- Put some toy boxes in your childs new room and let them unpack as you handle bringing in other boxes and unpacking
- Give your child some crayons or markers and let them mark which boxes go where such as blue dot for kithen, green dot for bathroom
- While you are unpacking organizing set your child up somewhere safe and have them color pictures for the new house.
- A move can be upsetting for some kids, packing a little bag or suitcase so special comfort items or favourite activies are easy to find. Will relieve your childs stress and yours!
- Most of us pack the kitchen last, Having snacks on hand will save you digging for food before and after the move!
- Keeping the same routine before and after the move will help provide kids with comfort and a sense of familiarity in a time that can be stressful.
- Kids can play and familiarize themselves while you organize and pack
- They can be used to make believe in their new bedrooms while you hurry around trying to make the new digs feel a little more like home!
Have any ideas to add? Leave your tips and tricks in the comments sections below.